Friday, January 25, 2008

Homeward Bound!

We will be in Dolores in just over 24 hours. Everyone who has worked with me at Craig Hospital has been telling me to be careful because being immersed in the home environment can be exhausting, but I am happy to go back home.

My P.T. gave me the go ahead to do some walking around town, so let's take walks to work on my walking endurance (no doggies yet cause they could pull or trip me). I will need a walking partner and I will be needing car rides to Cortez for my PT, OT and ST so that would be great! Trust me in saying that the last thing I want is to get in another accident so let's be careful! I am off to Dolores tomorrow morning so hopefully I will get to see the locals soon and I can't wait to see Gareth here in Denver tonight and the doggies tomorrow!

A note about my energy level. It abandons me right now with little notice so if I take a nap in the middle of you telling me something that is not your speech content it is my injury.

Bye!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marilyn!

This is Jeff Dibble, one of your friendly neighborhood Pfizer drug reps. I've been monitoring your progress over the past weeks and am so happy for you, Gareth, and the folks at your office. Their affection for you has been clear throughout your ordeal. The impact you have on others in your life has been clear as well. You have been missed greatly, Marilyn, and I am happy to read that you come home today.

For those who read these postings and do not know what a "drug rep" does or how we interact with doctors, nurse practitioners, or physician assistants, suffice it to say that a drug rep's biggest challenge is gaining time to interact with that doc/NP/PA. You should know that Marilyn has been incredibly accomodating and generous with her time, even from her days in a practice generally "closed" to reps. She has always shown a clear interest in learning more and asking good questions about data on the medicines drug reps bring to the office. Thanks, Marilyn, for your "inquiring mind" and, even more, for your generosity with your limited time! I'm sure that those who know Marilyn aren't surprised to read my comments on her thirst for knowlege or kind interaction with others.

Before you run out of energy, I will sign off and tell you again how happy I have been to see your recovery unfold and how heartwarming it has been to see the love, loyalty, and caring of those in your life. And if you start to nod off on me when you start back to work and drug rep details, don't worry; it won't be the first time my drug detailing has put someone to sleep! :-)

WELCOME HOME MARILYN!!

Sarah P said...

I'm so happy for you Mar, take it easy and I hope to see you in your home this summer.
love, Sarah

santos said...

Welcome Home Marilyn!!!! We can't wait to see you!!!
love,
Tracye, Adam and Noah (from Kauai!)

Alison said...

Dolores at long last! This is so exciting! A song comes to mine from the Good Ole Grateful Dead:

~
I guess they can't revoke your soul for tryin,
Get out of the door and light out and look all around.

Sometimes the lights all shinin' on me;
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it's been.

Truckin, I'm a goin' home. Whoa whoa baby, back where I belong,
Back home, sit down and patch my bones, and get back truckin on.
Hey now get back truckin home.
~
I hope to see you and Gareth in your home soon!
Lots of love, Alison, Eric, and Eddie :-)