Friday, December 14, 2007

Psychologically Challenged

I'm still here and living through the psychological challenges of having a brain injury: my left side not working and my brain being somewhat different in terms of its cognitive functioning lately. We have moved into a new room on the East side which gives us more freedom and responsibility and I am still working on relearning to walk and it is coming along still according to schedule. I did get upset earlier in the week because I was trying to fold my clean laundry and since my left side is so weak, I was not able to fold. That was really hard for me to get through and incredibly frustrating about this injury. We did have a team meeting and I was told these frustrations are part of recovery from my injury - my prognosis is that full recovery may be up to 2 years. we'll see. bye everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking about you every day Mar. Just keep going, don't let the frustrations get you down. Sending you lots of love, support, and energy!

Jen Alexovich Espinosa

Alison said...

I feel your frustration and can only imagine the challenges you face on a daily basis. I'm just amazed at how positive you are 99% of the time. Thank you for sharing your frustrations; hopefully it helps to get them off your chest. Keep sharing, keep going, keep remembering that we are thinking of you everyday, and will keep sending you positive energy for the next two years, and beyond. And the winner is ... Marilyn (my Marilyn :-)

Love, Alison, Eric and Eddie
PS Eddie's not walking yet ...

santos said...

I bet we are all guilty of taking our left side for granted and I can't imagine how frustrated you must feel on a daily basis. Just remember everyday you are improving and everyday things will get easier. And we are all going to be here cheering you on no matter how long it takes! Somewhere down the road you will realize that something really positive came out of this horrible experience that will make your life all the more richer. I'm positive this story has a happy ending.
We Love You!
Tracye, Adam & Noah

Tracy said...

Hi Marilyn,
From the reports of your progress I'd make a guess that full recovery will be a lot sooner than two years! But, what is exciting this that full recovery is the prognosis! That is so great to hear. Thanks for sharing your experiences, exciting and frustrating with us. You have many friends who are here to listen and support you!
We hope to see you and Gareth around the 28th, and will call when we are in Denver.
Merry Merry,
Tracy & Scott